Tuition & Financial Aid
The benefits of Catholic education are widely known. The overall value of a SFXP education – academic achievement, spiritual formation, opportunity, community – is an investment in the adult your child will become.
The investment that you make now will appreciate as your child grows through high school, college and into family, community, business, civic, and Church life.
How much is tuition?
- Tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year is $9,080.
- There is a $175 non-refundable registration fee.
- The eighth-grade trip to Washington, D.C. is an additional cost that can be paid in full or through a FACTS Management payment plan.
How is tuition collected?
St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School uses FACTS Management Company for tuition collection.
Please contact Mrs. Keras, Student Accounts Coordinator with any questions at 508-862-6336 ext. 249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the FACTS Tuition Management Company offer a monthly payment plan?
Yes. You may choose to pay tuition annually. However, we understand that for the majority of families this option is not feasible. You may choose to pay tuition in interest-free installments over a twelve-month period. The payment plan will begin in June and concludes in May.
Is there a sibling discount?
Sibling discounts will be applied across the entire school, from Grade 5 through Grade Twelve. The oldest child will be charged full tuition and a 5% discount will be applied to each subsequent child. Any additional financial aid awards will be applied to the balance.
Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship
- Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship in honor of Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, is open to Brazilian Catholics who demonstrate leadership and achievement. This scholarship is available to students entering Grade 5 or Grade 9 at SFXP & JPII. The scholarship is for ½ tuition and applies to Grade 5 or Grade 9 only. To be eligible students and their families must:
- Complete the application process and be accepted to Grade 5 or Grade 9.
- Complete the Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship Application
- Be of Brazilian descent.
- Be actively involved in their local Catholic parish community.
- Demonstrate school or community leadership.
- Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Financial Assistance application.
- The deadline to apply is March 30. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information at 508.862.6336
Parents of children registered at Catholic parishes may apply to their pastor for parish assistance toward the support of Catholic education. Typical awards are up to $300 per student. Forms are available here and in the school office.
What financial aid is available?
Need-based financial aid is available through the Foundation for the Advancement of Catholic Education (FACE). To learn more about FACE visit FACE.
Additionally, a limited number of scholarships are provided through the St. Francis Xavier Preparatory Scholarship Fund.
How do I apply for financial aid?
FACE works with FACTS Management Company, a third-party tuition assistance company, to collect the necessary financial information and provide a fair evaluation for tuition assistance. The FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Form are only available online at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid. If you are new to completing the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, please view this video on what to expect in the application process.
To apply to the SFXP Scholarship Fund, in addition to the FACTS application, a letter requesting consideration along with a brief explanation of need should be sent to Mr. Christopher Keavy by April 15.
When do I apply for financial aid?
The application can be accessed beginning in December. Families must submit their application, 2019 Federal tax-returns, 2020 W-2's and other non-taxable documentation along with the $15 processing fee by mid-February. 2020 tax returns must be submitted by mid-March. Please visit the FACE website for more information. It is very important to have your application complete by the deadline to ensure your family is considered for scholarship opportunities. Students must be registered at one of the Catholic schools in the Fall River Diocese to be considered for a FACE scholarship.
Is an annual financial aid application required?
Yes. Returning students need to update their FACTS application each year.
All financial aid requests are reviewed annually based upon timely completion of the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Form, demonstrated financial need, and availability of resources.
When are financial aid applicants notified of awards?
Financial aid notifications occur in early Spring.
Does the school offer a monthly tuition payment plan?
Yes. You may choose to pay tuition in interest-free installments. The payment plan will begin in June and concludes in May.
St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School uses FACTS Payment Program by FACTS Management Company for tuition collection.
Through FACTS Payment Program you will be able to arrange:
- One-time payment
- Monthly interest-free installments from your checking or savings account over a twelve-month period (June – May).
Additionally, if you are enrolling in the FACTS Peace of Mind (POM) Benefit, the $22.50 non-refundable POM fee will be automatically deducted from your account within 14 days of the agreement being completed by the institution and posted to the FACTS System.
St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School is pleased to offer FACTS Payment Program by FACTS Management Company. Through FACTS Payment you will be able to arrange:
Payment in full
- Due on June 1.
- Automatic withdrawal from a checking/savings account or credit cards are accepted – a 2.85%
convenience fee is assessed by FACTS for credit card payments.
- You may elect to receive an “Invoice” from FACTS. When choosing this option you can make a one-time payment online or over the phone or mail a check directly to FACTS.
- There is a $20 enrollment fee per family assessed by FACTS.
- 12 months, beginning in June, 2020 and ending in May, 2021.
- Payments can be made on the 5th or 20th of each month.
- Automatic withdrawal from a checking/savings account is required.
- There is a $50 enrollment fee per family assessed by FACTS.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates will be announced prior to March 1 for the upcoming school year. An annual registration fee of $175 per returning student will be applied to the tuition bill in June and paid as part of the tuition.
Financial Aid applications must be submitted annually to be considered for need-based aid. FACE (Foundation to Advance Catholic Education) is the primary provider of financial aid. The application deadline for FACE aid is February 28. FACE awards will be announced on or before May 1. SFXP Endowment Fund aid will be announced following FACE determinations. Families will have two weeks to review their award and withdraw without penalty, should financial aid be insufficient to meet a family's financial need.
Complete one continuous enrollment contract, and remain enrolled in school each year until high school graduation, or opt-out. Students will be re-enrolled automatically, and the annual registration fee will be applied to tuition accounts in June.
Complete a written notice of withdrawal form and submit to the Admissions Office no later than May 15. Students who withdraw (opt-out) after May 15 will be assessed a late withdrawal fee of $500 (starting with 2021-2022 school year). Families who submit a notice of withdrawal before May 15 will not incur this fee.