Tuition & Financial Aid
The benefits of Catholic education are widely known. The overall value of a SFXP education – academic achievement, spiritual formation, opportunity, community – is an investment in the adult your child will become.
The investment that you make now will appreciate as your child grows through high school, college and into family, community, business, civic, and Church life.
How much is tuition?
- Tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year is $9,080.
- There is a $500 deposit due upon registration.
- $325 is applied to tuition.
- $175 is a non-refundable registration fee.
- The eighth grade to Washington, D.C. is an additional cost that can be paid in full or through a FACTS Management payment plan.
Is there a sibling discount?
Sibling discounts will be applied across the entire school, from Grade Five through Grade Twelve. The oldest child will be charged full tuition and a 5% discount will be applied to each subsequent child. Any additional financial aid awards will be applied to the balance.
Parents of children registered at Catholic parishes may request parish assistance from their pastor. Parish assistance forms will be mailed with the 2020-2021 continuous enrollment contract. It is the family’s responsibility to present the request form to their pastor for approval and arrange to have the form returned to the school.
Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship
- Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship in honor of Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, is open to Brazilian Catholics who demonstrate leadership and achievement. This scholarship is available to students entering Grade 5 or Grade 9 at SFXP & JPII. The scholarship is for ½ tuition and applies to Grade Five or Grade Nine only. To be eligible students and their families must:
- Complete the application process and be accepted to Grade Five or Grade Nine.
- Complete the Brazilian Catholic Leadership Scholarship Application.
- Be of Brazilian descent.
- Be actively involved in their local Catholic parish community.
- Demonstrate school or community leadership.
Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Financial Assistance application.
- The deadline to apply is March 30. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information at 508.862.6336
How is tuition collected?
What financial aid is available?
- Need-based financial aid is available through the Foundation for the Advancement of Catholic Education (FACE).
- To learn more about FACE visit FACE.
- Additionally, a limited number of scholarships are provided through the St. Francis Xavier Preparatory Scholarship Fund.
How do I apply for financial aid?
- FACE works with FACTS Management Company, a third-party tuition assistance company, to collect the necessary financial information and provide a fair evaluation for tuition assistance.
- The FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Form
When do I apply for financial aid?
To be considered for financial aid, a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application must be submitted and verified. Financial aid applications must be completed annually. The application can be found online at: online.factsmgt.com/aid . Need-based financial aid is distributed through FACE - Foundation to Advance Catholic Education. Should you wish to request additional financial aid from the school, submit a letter with a brief explanation of the need to the Financial Aid Committee (direct letters to Margaret Keras, Student Accounts Coordinator) by May 15.
Is an annual financial aid application required?
- Yes. Returning students need to update their FACTS application each year.
- All financial aid requests are reviewed annually based upon timely completion of the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Form continued demonstrated financial need, maintenance of standards of good progress, good standing at St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School, and availability of resources.
When are financial aid applicants notified of awards?
- Financial aid notifications occur in May.
Does the FACTS Management Company offer a monthly tuition payment plan?
- Yes. You may choose to pay tuition annually. However, we understand that for the majority of families this option is not feasible.
- You may choose to pay tuition in interest-free installments over a twelve-month period. The payment plan will begin in June and concludes in May.
St. Francis Xavier Preparatory School is pleased to offer FACTS Payment Program by FACTS Management Company. Through FACTS Payment you will be able to arrange:
Payment in full
- Due on June 1.
- Automatic withdrawal from a checking/savings account or credit cards are accepted – a 2.85%
convenience fee is assessed by FACTS for credit card payments.
- You may elect to receive an “Invoice” from FACTS. When choosing this option you can make a one-time payment online or over the phone or mail a check directly to FACTS.
- There is a $20 enrollment fee per family assessed by FACTS.
- 12 months, beginning in June, 2020 and ending in May, 2021.
- Payments can be made on the 5th or 20th of each month.
- Automatic withdrawal from a checking/savings account is required.
- There is a $50 enrollment fee per family assessed by FACTS.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates will be announced prior to March 1 for the upcoming school year. An annual registration fee of $175 per returning student will be applied to the tuition bill in June and paid as part of the tuition.
Financial Aid applications must be submitted annually to be considered for need-based aid. FACE (Foundation to Advance Catholic Education) is the primary provider of financial aid. The application deadline for FACE aid is February 28. FACE awards will be announced on or before May 1. SFXP Endowment Fund aid will be announced following FACE determinations. Families will have two weeks to review their award and withdraw without penalty, should financial aid be insufficient to meet a family's financial need.
Complete one continuous enrollment contract, and remain enrolled in school each year until high school graduation, or opt-out. Students will be re-enrolled automatically, and the annual registration fee will be applied to tuition accounts in June.
Complete a written notice of withdrawal form and submit to the Admissions Office no later than May 15. Students who withdraw (opt-out) after May 15 will be assessed a late withdrawal fee of $500 (starting with 2021-2022 school year). Families who submit a notice of withdrawal before May 15 will not incur this fee.