HSA is You! And you deserve a big Thank You for helping start this academic year strong!
- Thanks to everyone who helped donate food, drinks, and their time, on the first day of school at the Welcome Back Breakfast!
- Thank you to the volunteers who helped make 5th Grade Games Night a fun-filled evening for our fifth graders!
- Thanks to those who brought in ice cream toppings, and scooped up the good stuff at the Welcome Back Ice Cream Social!
- Thanks to everyone who made the Seaside Dance one to remember for the students of our sixth, seventh and eighth grades!
- And thank you to all the parents who stopped by for a cookie, and to sign up for Stop & Shop’s A+ Rewards at the Mini Class Night.
The first HSA meeting was very informative!
Deb and Anke welcomed everyone to the meeting and shared upcoming event information. Mrs. Kelley shared her notes, encouragement, and thoughts on the positive start to the year. Mrs. Philbin-Crockett, the teacher representative to HSA, shared her notes from teachers reminding parents to send in a note after a student returns from an absence, as well a reminder from the Nurse that if your child needs to receive prescription medication, please make sure to bring it into the nurse, as students should not be carrying medication into the building. Our HSA treasurers, Kristen and Marianne, were happy to report families have been sending in dues to help HSA defray the cost of many school events. Kellie, our Volunteer Coordinator, thanked those who completed the Volunteer Sign Up Form from the August mailing. The opportunities to help continue through the school year as HSA sponsors many events where you can get involved. Volunteers who have completed CORI training are always welcome.
Rob Surette returned to SFXP on September 18th and shared his speed painting talent and inspirational message with our students. Rob last visited SFXP in the fall of 2013.
Dr. Mallory Bagwell worked with the Class of 2018 on September 22nd, facilitating games of problem solving, communication, cooperative learning, and leadership techniques.
Please consider signing up to become a lunch volunteer! For more information and to sign up, please click here to visit the SignUp Genius page.
The SFXP Used Uniform Store (UU) is always here to help. We know our students are growing, and play hard, so uniform items often need replacement. If we can help, email Kristin and Donna at SFXPUU@gmail.com. Donations to the UU can be left in the blue hamper in the school lobby.
The HSA will sponsor a Halloween Costume Party & Dance for grades 6-8 on Friday, October 27th, from 7:00-9:30.
Mark your calendar to join our next meeting, Wednesday, October 4, at 7:00 P.M, in the Art Room.